Purpose is to establish program level requirements to ensure that Rig equipment is efficiently maintained and that the equipment is safe, in compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements, and available for service when required. The Maintenance Management System is an integral part of the Integrated Management System.
A preventive maintenance program ensures that PT. DATI's equipment is well maintained and rig down time is kept at a minimum. Rigs which are not currently under contract are warm stacked with all major components rigged up and routinely operated and maintained.
Preventive Maintenance Goals
- Provide guidance for all employees, contractors, and others involved in the operation and maintenance of DATI facilities.
- Ensure that the assets owned and operated by DATI are cost-effectively and properly maintained.
- Comply with the regulatory requirements that affect DATI's operational and maintenance activities.
- Optimize the maintenance performed on DATI asset to control costs, meet customer's requirements, and ensure personnel and environmental safety.
- Establish business unit and division performance measures that allow all levels of the organization to gauge their performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Identify and manage the needs of shareholders, customers, employees, regulators and the general public affected by DATI maintenance activities.
- Ensure the availability of the rig and its equipment to meet customer needs and expectations.
- Maximize the mean time to failure and extend the life cycle of equipment.
- Minimize unplanned rig downtime due to equipment failures.
- Reduce maintenance costs through the optimum combination of both calendar-based and predictive-based preventive and breakdown maintenance.
- Control the costs of maintaining spare parts.
Preventive Maintenance Tools
- A total productive maintenance system (ORACLE) that provides integrated control of the maintenance processes.
- A preventive maintenance (PM) program that establishes a routine of inspections and component maintenance activities to improve the availability of critical equipment.
- A condition-based maintenance (CBM) program that analyzes equipment performance to anticipate failures before they occur to enable overhauls and major maintenance to occur "just in time", to optimize preventive maintenance scheduling activities.
- An equipment failure investigation process that allows the causes of failures to be identified accurately and corrective actions to be implemented.
- Development and implementation of maintenance procedures for complex maintenance activities.
- Procedures for commissioning new or repaired equipment.
- Procedures for the acquisition and control of critical spare parts.
- Procedures for the documentation and tracking of equipment history.
- Employment of a full time Preventive Maintenance Planner/Scheduler to manage the Oracle Preventive maintenance system and liaise with rig base tradesmen.